Friday, February 8

Random thoughts...

DH and I were so excited to see the babies yesterday at our appointment…so much so that we'd moved it up a week, not really wanting to wait a month in between appointments. Only to get a phone call yesterday morning that our doc wasn't able to make it in and they were rescheduling her appointments - BOOO! Luckily, it's only a couple more days (Monday). But I tell ya, the days are just dragging by cuz I'm focusing so much on getting to the next week…and Saturday is 12w! What a milestone that is! :)

I realized the other day that I'm totally pulling a J. Lo. In that I haven't shared my good news with but a handful of people at work…and it's probably getting obvious that something is going on under my clothes! But speaking of J to the L.O., I am really annoyed with her. This whole "twins are genetic" thing really irritates me. She's like 38 - I think most of us can gather she had a little help. And just own up to it. People's perceptions of infertility are not going to change when we have public figures (who could create change around the issue) hush-hushing it. I'll get off my soap box now, sorry.

Other than that, not a lot to report. I really want to decorate/furnish the nursery in a "green" way but I'm finding that rather difficult to do. I want non-toxic finishes on cribs, organic mattresses, good no-VOC paint (would love to pull up the carpet but it's like brand new and DH isn't down with that) and all of these things are apparently elusive or really expensive. And when you're buying two… But isn't it just wrong that things made in a more natural way are more expensive? What is wrong with that picture?

I spoke with my sister last night and was really afraid I'd upset her with baby talk. I think I mentioned before that she got pregnant in November 2006, the same time our 1st cycle was canceled. Unfortunately, she miscarried shortly thereafter. Now that I'm pregnant, she's preparing to have a uterine fibroid removed, which is apparently a major surgery and will obviously delay their baby making. I'm trying to be sensitive and really share info just when she asks. But last night I made a comment on how I was getting bigger and she got all quiet on the other end. I quickly changed the subject to other news from my week but it just made me so sad. Why is life so complicated?

Sheesh, this post became kind of a downer. Ooh, so I'll end on a good note: my company has "expectant mother" parking spots in the parking garages and ever since I've been married, I've DREAMED of the day I could park there. Well last Friday I went down to Security to get my pass (the gal didn't even want to see my "I'm pregnant" doctor's note, dang it!) and I got to park in one of the illustrious spots on Monday! It was so EXCITING! It's the little things, right? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I can talk the talk but not walk the walk. I just got a phone call from my acupuncturist who's going to be featured on the local news due to a new study showing acupuncture is beneficial to IVF patients. She wanted to know if I'd be willing to talk to a local reporter on camera about my experiences. Many thoughts ran through my head…one: everyone who saw the report would know I had difficulty conceiving (even more awkward considering hardly anyone at work knows I'm pregnant!); two: I have one large pimple on my chin and it seems like local news always do extreme close ups where you can't even see the entire person's face; three: I'm shy and would likely blubber my way through the interview. But dang…the universe was giving me a chance to be a voice for IF and I can't do it.

2 comments:

Denise said...

It's too bad you can't talk to the reporter, but I totally understand. It would be pretty terrifying. Can't wait to hear about the next U/S on Monday.

Rebecca said...

I didn't even know that J. Lo was going down that road...I'd like to see proof that twins run in her family. I know what you mean about the television thing...I'm not shy, but get nervous when my 8th graders come around for something stupid! Don't beat yourself up over it...it's fine!