Monday, August 20

Third opinion's the charm?

So we have a phone consultation with CCRM on Sept. 10. I was happy we didn't have to wait too long to talk to the dr. but it's also kind of scary cuz I really feel like this could be our last chance. Of course, they're not covered on our insurance because they're out of network so we'd be footing the entire bill ourselves. I did kind of think maybe we should go ahead with a place in town (even though they gave me a 10% chance) and "use up" the rest of our infertility insurance benefit and then move on to Colorado if need be. Ahh, why is this insurance stuff so complicated? But I should be glad we have some benefit, I know. I can't complain after seeing Sicko, that's for sure. Who knows.

Tomorrow night I may be going to yoga with a co-worker who's being really supportive - she doesn't know the whole story, just enough to be dangerous (ha!) - and her teacher has some poses that could help with infertility. And my sister recommended "The Infertility Cure," a book on traditional Chinese medicine that is going to result in me eliminating essentially all the foods I eat. I flipped through it at Border's Saturday night and just got so mad that my situation may result in me performing femoral massages and ingesting herbs like Angelica and white peony...when my friends say "oh, we weren't really even trying."

In other news, it's ironic how many people I've encountered recently who have made alternative (is that the right word?) choices...I guess it's the same thing as noticing all the pregnant women in a 1 mile radius of you, but my radar is now also set on people who've adopted or decided to remain childfree. One woman, a co-worker of DH's whom I've met several times, volunteered to go to dinner with us (or just me) and relate her story of living childfree. She's at peace with it all now, and involves children in her life by volunteering and being active in her nieces/nephews lives'...it seems like she could be the poster child for this choice, which is awesome for her. But I do feel like our counselor has us focused on what options we'd consider if we have to (which is good and appeals to my organized self) but I feel like I'm overlooking the fact that there's still a glimmer of hope for us. And my gosh, I have to hold on to that first.

1 comment:

Pamela T. said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I hope I can offer some help as you make your way along.

As I say time and again when I meet a new blogger here in IF Land, I wish we had the opportunity to meet under happier circumstances, but I'm glad you've found a place to share your thoughts and experiences. I'll drop me regularly to see how you're doing.