Sunday, August 26

TCM or how to become a hypochondriac

Ugh. I'm just kind of pooped today. Tired of thinking about babies. Tired of wondering what's wrong with me. I read that dang traditional Chinese medicine book, "The Infertility Cure," last night (very exciting evening, I know! But I have a hard time finding "me" time sometimes) and it bummed me out. Basically, there are 11 conditions, 8 of which I possess. Now I know I'm being dramatic and self-diagnosing should be taken with a grain of salt but it was overwhelming. I feel like I'm a healthy person. But when you get down to the nitty gritty questions, yeah I guess I do get dizzy when I stand up fast and I am thirsty a lot...holy cow, all of my organs are deficient! I don't even think I could follow the recommendations in the book cuz my multiple conditions contradict themselves...eat spicy foods to up my Yin, don't eat spicy foods cuz I'm too much Yang... My sister recommended the book and I almost called her last night at 10 pm to see how many conditions she possessed, I was so bummed out. And to say thanks a lot! I'm not a hypochondriac but it was a joke with my best friend cuz whenever one of us had an ailment, I'd go to my Dr. Koop's book and then diagnose Malaria or something completely random. So I probably need to put "The Infertility Cure" away for a bit. But, then I tried to fill out the paperwork for the CCRM and I saw similarities between its questions and ones in "The Infertility Cure" (which is probably good meaning they take a holistic look at things). I just think I need a vacation. Somewhere beautiful within roadtripping distance so we can take our puppy. :)

2 comments:

One View said...

I went through a stages like that where I was obsessed about my body. I was told I had a weak Kidney, my pulse was low, had bad circulation and all sorts of stuff too. At one time, I was drinking chinese medicine daily (it was disgusting), drinking protein shakes (to improve egg quality), watching what I ate, not drinking cold fluids (not good for the kidney), acupuncture, fertility yoga, the list goes on. And after all that, I still got a BFN. So I quit. I just needed a break from trying to make my body normal. Getting away and vacations have always been helpful.. :) :) What kind of puppy did you get?

Makingpeace said...

Sorry I didn't reply...I'm still new to this blogging thing and wasn't sure how to answer you question save for putting it in my main post! So puppy...she's a white cockapoo and just the friendliest, cuddliest dog I could have hoped for. We got her right after my IVF cycle was canceled and she's my lemonade...when life hands you lemons... ;)