Thursday, September 27

Gimme an E! Gimme a G! Gimme a G!

It's almost time for our vacation/doctor's appointment and I can't get too excited for this trip. I'm sad to be leaving our dog - it's the first time we will have left her since she's been in our life. We used to travel quite a bit - at least before we started TTC. As I'm sure you all can relate, I'd turn down the idea because maybe I'd be pregnant and shouldn't be on a cruise ship with my sister, or we should save money because who knows how much our insurance will cover, or then we did visit my husband's best friend in LA and DH had to give me my shots on the friend's bed as we were preparing for a cycle. And now our traveling may be waylaid for our four legged baby! Such is life. Leaving her the first time will probably be the hardest.

I really hope once we are in the mountains (doing the fun part of the trip) that it's not too cold. I checked weather.com and I'm now wondering if I need to pack gloves! Hopefully we can canoe or horseback ride or otherwise get in touch with nature. That type of peace will be good for me.

I really have no idea what to expect from the doctor visit. It looks like an all day type of thing although I'm not sure we need some of the scheduled, standard tests due to our situation. There is such a sense of finality around this clinic's opinion/results. But DH and I were talking last night and he said we've survived bad news twice before; we know we'll be okay if we hear it again. But with this being our last shot, it's gonna be different. Hopefully it won't get to that. I have to have faith in my body that it's not totally failing me. Some test results we'll have to wait on; at least one test should give us some info that day (counting antral follicles?), I would think. I've been silently cheering on my ovary, hoping I'll see lots of activity on Tuesday. And I've been praying that nothing else has gone wrong - with my one cyst already, I pray to God no others have developed. I hate to even write that, for fear of jinxing anything. I just HATE this feeling of betrayal by my own body. I know the few of you who read my blog will be thinking of me and I appreciate it. Being able to "talk" about this with people who really get it is invaluable. Thank you.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Cheering on your ovary for you!=)

One View said...

I know how you feel about leaving your furbaby. I'm so bad. I love traveling but I miss my babies and think about them all the time while I'm gone. I wish I could bring them on all my trips.

I hope you get some positive news with your test results. Hang in there. Thinking of you.

Carrie said...

Thanks for visiting me! Thought I'd pop over.

I hope your trip is all it should be. As for leaving your dog, that's so hard isn't it? We have 3 dogs so I console myself with the fact that they are company for each other. It works, but only a little.