Saturday, November 17

Acupuncture

So I figured nothing else is covered by insurance, why not throw some other out of pocket treatments in to the mix?! Really, at this point, what's a few more hundred dollars?! Gawh...

The counselor referred us to an acupuncturist and I went in for my consultation. It was just like I'd read about in the TCM book, when I diagnosed every organ function as deficient (LOL!). She took my pulse and peered at my tongue. And the diagnosis actually wasn't terrible! I am lacking in Yang (heat)/there is too much cold in me. So I've been eating meat like the biggest carnivore, trying to get blood to my uterus.

My first session was odd, just because I didn't know what to expect. She stuck me and then abandoned me in the room with only my thoughts (gasp!)! But I found that room exceptionally serene and have almost fallen asleep on the table each time. It's just weird - maybe cuz it's time that I'm forced to do nothing (and I'm always going going going) or maybe it is the chi flowing through my body better....whatever it is, I feel better afterwards. I had to do a "fast track" program because I'm not going the recommended 3 months before a cycle and the acupuncturist had a planned trip to China. But I feel good about it and she does too. Every time I see her, she swears I'm getting better (she's a very passionate woman!) and has even predicted how many eggs she thinks I'll produce and how many will fertilize. DH, who's somewhat skeptical about all this (mainly because we'll never know if it helped, whereas if you went to an acupuncturist for pain and then it lessened), said he'd drive over to her and personally thank her if we had the great success she predicted! :)

No comments: