Monday, December 24

Love one another this Christmas

I've been a little absent lately. It's still just hard to believe my news. We're contemplating sharing the good news later today at Christmas Eve (with one family) and on Christmas Day (with another). But I'm hesitant because it's still so early and it all feels so surreal. I'm not strongly exhibiting any symptoms, which I should be grateful for, but it kinda makes me feel like a phony. Maybe I'm a LITTLE more tired, my breasts are more sore than usual, but that's it. As far as I know, everything's doing great in there but I sometimes feel like it's a dream.

I did see my acupuncturist last week and she was VERY encouraged with how I'm doing. I was a little unsure about doing acupuncture because I wouldn't be able to know if it helped or not. But I got on the bandwagon, thinking it couldn't hurt. Before we left town for CCRM, she predicted they'd retrieve 10 eggs (which I questioned, saying, "Really? With only one good ovary?!") and 3-4 would be useable. To refresh your memory, they did indeed retrieve exactly 10 eggs, and we ended up with two transferred and two frozen - 4!! And apparently she predicted I'd get pregnant (a very important tidbit which would have made the 2ww so much easier but I apparently forgot that part of her prediction!). So I pretty much think she's a miracle worker. ;) Therefore, her opinion on my state of being is very much appreciated.

I'm sure other IFers who've received a BFP have felt this way. I want to relish in it but instead I'm almost afraid to plan, talk about it, for fear of jinxing things. I'm certainly not complaining, I just wish I wasn't wired this way. I'm sure once we get to see the baby(s) on ultrasound that I'll be reassured and put at ease. That all happens next week and it can't come fast enough! :)

This Christmas, I'm thankful for the wonderful ladies I've met through this forum. Your support for me, even if you were in dark days, is astounding. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts as we head toward a new year...and who knows what it will hold?

Here's a goofy little cartoon for my fellow furbaby parents...my dog was subjected to this but she does wear a nordic sweater/coat outside in the snow...too cute!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I was checking back frequently and hoping everything was fine since you hadn't posted in awhile. Yes, I was starting to worry about you, but that's what we are all wired for now, right? I guess it's just something we have to get used to because we will worry just as much when we finally become parents.

Can't wait to hear about your first U/S results!