Friday, December 14

Wow...

I can't hardly believe I'm typing this (the whole day has been surreal!) - I'm pregnant!

After a sleepless night, I got up at 5:30 am and POAS. This being my first time with an HPT, I was impressed to read that I could get results in 2 minutes but those were a very long 2 minutes! It's like those lines taunt you...I was staring so hard at it, seeing the horizontal line and a faint vertical line, and I had to blink to make sure...yes, it is there...but is it correct?

On to the beta...it was bright and early (and the nurse put my mind at ease a little bit, saying the trigger shot would be out of my system by now and "those things" (HPTs) are pretty accurate) and I gratefully got the results back lickety split! DH and I both worked from home today so we could be together when we got the call and we'd been experiencing some technical issues all morning. No sooner than we get the call from our nurse, and (luckily) hear the good news, does our phone cut out! I'm saying "omigosh, I knew we went to this clinic for a reason but I still can't believe it worked! Hello? Hello?!?!" It was like those AT&T commercials, where there's silence on the other end and the person misinterprets it...but the nurse called back and we were able to finish up our conversation and get my next assignment...second beta on Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed everything continues to happen like it should. :)

Also, I just want to say that I started this blog as an outlet for my emotions. But it's ended up being a great support system and I have all of you to thank for that. While I wish the circumstances under which we met were different, the compassion, advice, and positivity I've received have pulled me through times when I felt truly lost or scared.

Some of you are still waiting for the official word and I continue to send good thoughts your way.

6 comments:

Waiting Amy said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Rebecca said...

So happy for you...how many days did you wait before taking the HPT? I just did my transfer yesterday and hoping that I can wait, but I doubt it! I can't wait to hear how your story unfolds from here!

Denise said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

That's such great news!!
I'm so pleased you had a +HPT and a beta. Double reassurance. Hope Sunday continues to have the good news coming!
Congratulations!!

Natalie said...

Congrats, that's awesome:-)

Pamela T. said...

What wonderful news! All the best to you...