Monday, December 3

Our embryos ARE tough!

So today is Day 3 and we were all ready for the transfer. I showered with my unscented soap for an extra long time since I'd be on bed rest...the dog was freshly washed since I'd undoubtedly be sharing my bed with her for the next 48 hours...and then an IVF lab nurse called about an hour before my acupuncture appointment. Apparently our embryos are absolute BAD ASSES and all 5 of them are dividing and looking just perfect! So the doctor wants to wait until the blastocyst stage to up our chances even more and get the best of the best transferred. I could not believe it! To get this phone call was an absolute dream come true! I've been thinking about our future babies just hanging out down the street from us (which is so weird, you know? You're concentrating on them so hard, seeing them progress every day in ultrasounds, and then they're out of you and doing their thing on their own!) and hoping and praying they were hanging in there...and sure enough! I was kind of nervous at first, waiting until day 5, because I liked the thought of transferring some and having some to freeze but once the nurse explained things, I see it's better to wait and get the best ones transferred.

For posterity's sake ;)
  • Three 8 celled, graded 3+, 4-, 4
  • One 9 celled, grade 4
  • One 6 celled, grade 4-
(4 is the best - I know clinics have different rankings)

This cycle is 180 degrees different from last year's. Every time we went in for ultrasounds, it seemed like my lack of progress was just confirming what the hometown doc thought and he was humoring us to keep checking. Now it seems like my body has recovered from my laparoscopic surgery and everyone is so pleased with my performance. We just keep getting good news and I'm sooo thankful for that. I'm thankful for all the positivity I've managed to project, and all the prayers and good thoughts, and for the good docs, and for our superstar embryos! I know we still have a ways to go but I'm so encouraged! Thanks to my online buddies for support, too! It's neat to share this news with people who wholly understand it. :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I don't think I knew you were cycling. What a report. It must be lovely, if somewhat nerve-racking, to go to day 5. My head was splitting with all the waiting to see as it was. What a nice lot of embryos too :-)
I hope the day 5 transfer goes well. We're cycling exactly together! I was 3dt on Monday. Will stay in touch.
All the best.