Saturday, December 8

Am I a good hostess?

I'm off bedrest and back at the computer! Transfer went great - they transferred 2 embryos, one 4AA, the other 4BA. Everything went really well - no pain or anything. The nurses were amazed how quickly my bladder filled and I actually had to relieve myself before they did it. One of them said, just wait until you have someone competing for that bladder space! I really love how positive everyone was but it also kind of freaked me out. I told DH, could it really be this easy, to get pregnant off our first full IVF cycle? Only an IFer would say something like that! Like anything about this has been easy!?!?! But we were so blown away by good news after good news that I have to have faith this will result in a pregnancy and we'll get to meet the little one(s) in 9 months.

The bedrest went good - of course I'm willing to do anything that will help this work. I did get annoyed at one point because it'd been about 3 hours of DH and my dad playing PS3 in the other room while I was prone in the bedroom. Apparently they thought I could entertain myself endlessly! I was also a little disappointed in our dog, who wanted nothing to do with me while I was in bed. Strange, because she usually whines and jumps up if I'm even SITTING on the bed, wanting to be near me. Maybe she was trying to give me space, maybe she was insulted by the idea of us wanting two-legged babies. ;) Now that we've made the drive home and we're back on our own turf, I'm happy to report that we've made up. :)

And the wait begins. Perhaps the hardest part of this whole thing. I'm just praying praying praying that I'm pregnant. And trying to visualize what it'd be like to have the round belly and the home filled with baby sounds. Keep sending those positive vibes, please!

P.S. They were able to freeze 2 additional blastocysts, both in great shape. I didn't quite understand what happened to the last one...it developed too quickly or something. But 4 out of 5 is remarkable I think! :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so pleased evrything went well. Its a stressful time, all this waiting. Now the big wait, hope it doesn't drag too much.

As for your dog, maybe the drugs make us smell bad. My dogs were a little odd too. The youngest is still sniffing me at every opportunity. Very odd!!

Fingers crossed.

Natalie said...

I'm with Carrie - yay for things going well. Good luck with the wait:-)