Monday, December 17

Newbie nerves

I went in for my second beta this morning and am still awaiting the results. Unfortunately, my main nurse (whom I befriended) is off today and I doubt the other nurses will sense the urgency on my test results. I'm extra nervous today because I'm experiencing some brown spotting (and I shockingly didn't spot at all during the 2WW) and I had quite the sneeze yesterday followed by some abdominal pain. Surely you can't sneeze out your baby? I sound like white trash asking that - LOL!

I really hope I get to a more comfortable place where I'm not constantly worrying about the baby(s). I just think IFers are more keenly aware of the fragility of life and the minute inner reproductive workings that we know how much can go wrong and don't take any good news for granted. The hours between my lab this morning and now have been painful. I just broke down and took another HPT (I am officially addicted). Luckily, the plus sign came back strong so, for now, I will continue self-diagnosing myself. I called DH at work to tell him the probable good news and he said "so this is how it's gonna be? You test yourself daily? This could get expensive." Then I told him I recently learned that you can buy HPTs at the dollar store (which also sounds a little W.T. - LOL!) and I can get my fix for cheap.

Please keep me in your thoughts and hope for some good numbers!
____________________________________________________________________

Just heard: 521!!! :)

Big sigh of relief....

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay! Yay! Yippee! Good for you...keep it up!

Denise said...

Load up on those HPT's!!!!

Hoping you get your awesome beta results soon!

Denise said...

Oh, I just saw the update at the bottom of your post. So amazing! Still, I wouldn't hesitate to keep those HPT's on hand just for reassurance if you start to feel the doubt kick back in.

I figure once you've wasted so much money on negative HPT's, might as well spend just as much, if not more to see that awesome positive sign!

singletracey said...

YIPPEE!!!! Hope all is going well :-)

Waiting Amy said...

Sorry I'm late -- but Congrats! That is great!